Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another Birthday!

Yesterday we celebrated my dear husband’s birthday. The day started by Nancy calling at 6 AM to wish him happy birthday (she was going to call at 5 AM, the actual time when he was born). Then, while he was still in bed, I went online and played Las Mañanitas with mariachis and I sang along (if Nancy’s call didn’t wake him up, my beautiful voice certainly did!).
This year he requested a lemon cake with cream filling/frosting. The frosting is homemade and is from aunt Mary’s recipe. Cameron LOVES this creamy frosting and it was a lot easier to make it this time with my kitchen aid mixer! The cake came out pretty good.

We had dinner at a local Chinese restaurant and after opening gifts and taking a long walk, we lit the candles and cut the cake.

Three years ago, I got him a shirt for his birthday (which he still wears).

Two years ago, our marriage license was signed (so he got himself a wife), I got him a watch (which he chose) and had dinner at a nice Mexican restaurant in Juarez.

Last year he got himself another shot gun, I baked him a cake, and had dinner at a local BBQ restaurant in Abilene, TX.

This year he’s getting a set of weights, a workout bench and we are going to Germany next month. Oh yeah, and he’s getting ready to be a father (early April 2010)!

3 comments:

Ana Rebeca Contreras said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roxy told me the news a few days ago.............I'm really happy for you both :)

roxi said...

looks liek the cake is about ready to burn down the house!!!.. hahaha...j/k.... happy b day cameron!.. and congrats on being a dad... take good care of my buddy and her "frijolito".... big hug!

Mom/Nancy/Granny/Mei Mei said...

I like that "frijolito"
aunt Mary called it a bambino
Lots of nick names already.
We are excited!