Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Spring Vacation - Cancun

We were blessed and had the opportunity to travel to Cancun for eight days. My parents met us there and we all stayed in an all inclusive resort. It was the perfect time to relax and enjoy the sun and the warm weather. Here are a few pictures of our wonderful vacation.


Our first dinner - Steak House:

Dad's Fake smile:



I teased him about his fake smile and we all started laughing:





I was wearing a hat all the time:



This is the first day - yeah, we were pretty white!


Cameron learned how to sail and he even got his sailing certificate:
Making sure he got the correct instructions before sailing:


While I was waiting for Cameron to come back from his sailing classes, there was a beach volley ball game going on. Do you recognize anyone?


Look closer:


Yes, it's my dad!
I have to say that he started playing with only two other guys; then he was joined by the rest of the players:


I was reading under a shade hut while my dear husband was out in the ocean. Cam sailed every day for an hour and my dad joined him. I was brave enough to go with him on Friday twice for an hour; he did really well and I really enjoyed it! He has found a new hobby and I’m sure he’ll be sailing in the Charles River pretty soon.
The color of the water is amazing!



Cam swimming in the infitinty pool; the view was beautiful:
We took the 15 minute ride on a ferry to Isla Mujeres. We were both amazed at the quality of the ferry. The inside first floor had A/C, panoramic windows and flat screen TVs and the top deck was very comfortable:
Cam's favorite lunch was at the market in Isla Mujeres; we had shrimp ceviche and beef tacos with real corn tortillas and a spicy habanero salsa:


Downtown Isla Mujeres:
We rented a golf cart and drove around the island. Here we are in Garrafon National Park:

Back in our hotel, we made dinner reservations at their Brazilian restaurant. We witnessed a beach wedding while we were waiting to go to dinner:



My dad was really enjoyed all the meats; especially the Arrachera:
Dinner was excellent:
We spent some time in the outside lounge area after our last dinner in the hotel; my dad was joking around and trying to convince us to go to the wedding reception that was going on at one of the hotel restaurants. The bride and groom were from Chihuahua and somehow my dad got invited to the reception by the mother of the bride – I have to say that they were complete strangers!



Our flight back to the States flew into Newark, NJ and we were able to see NYC; it was a pretty cool view:





Our little one stayed with John and Nancy while we were in Cancun. Atenas was spoiled by them but she is a lot more obedient!! We are glad to be back to normal life and hopefully we'll travel again soon!

No comments: