Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a few pictures

We just wanted to share some pictures of when we went snow shoeing. That Sunday we got a foot of snow and it snowed all day. Cameron, Atenas and I decided to go out for a walk while it was still snowing.

Nancy bought Atenas a dog sling and she loves it. While we were still home, we wrapped her in a blanket and put her inside the sling so she could get used to it (she even fell asleep in it).

Cameron and I had to gear up; we put on skiing outfits and got ready for our walk. Atenas enjoyed being outside because she was kept warm and dry all the time.

Cameron leading the way:

Atenas is inside the sling (you can barely see her):

Notice the accumulation of snow sitting on the bench:




Due to the slushiness of the ice/snow, we decided to get her some booties and an insulated jacket (with reflectors). She’s slowly getting used to them because she now sees the benefits of wearing the proper gear.




Today we got about six inches of snow, then some freezing rain, then just rain, and tonight the temperature will be below freezing. I’m sure the roads, driveways and sidewalks will be pretty icy tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Murphys said...

Caro, you are my hero. I hate being cold and wet. I take my hat off to you!
~Kelley