Sunday, August 10, 2008

No, we are not rednecks! Just enjoying the sport!

Before Cameron and I got married, I knew about his interest for guns and hunting. Growing up in a country where guns are not common among civilians (only among those who work for law enforcement or those who are criminals), Cameron had the task of introducing me to this sport. The very first thing Cameron taught me was the number one rule: always treat a gun as if it is loaded and never point at anyone. I was very nervous the first time we went target shooting but I had lots of fun (even though I didn’t hit anything!). The second time at target shooting I did much better and I think I did a little better than my dear husband! I’ve never been hunting and I don’t think I’ll ever will; although Cameron has been trying to convince me to join him for a hog hunt but I simply refuse to go! Cameron has taken me to the Sporting Clay and Skeet Range and unfortunately I didn’t hit anything; I guess I don’t do well shooting at moving objects! Cameron visited the Skeet Range yesterday to try out his new shotgun; here are some pictures.

20 Gauge shotgun:
Posing for the camera:

No comments: