Thursday, August 7, 2008

Baking Cinnamon Rolls

Cameron has been going in to work very early (4 AM) every day for the past four weeks. The housing project at Dyess AFB has started a new phase of construction and the subcontractors are pouring the concrete slabs early in the morning; Cameron has to be there supervising them and making sure everything goes well. Most of the concrete workers are Hispanics who are bilingual and Cameron has been able to practice his Spanish with them.

I started baking goodies for him to take every Friday in to work and share them with the workers (this gives me the opportunity to practice my baking with the advantage of not having the “sweet temptation” in our house!). Last night I started preparing cinnamon rolls that I baked this morning. I wanted to bake them from scratch and the preparation took over two hours! The recipe was simple but I had to let the yeast work its magic. I share with you the before and after of the rolls; I hope those guys enjoy them as much as I enjoyed baking them.
Unbaked - picture taken last night:
Baked - picture taken at 3:30 AM
Glazed cinnamon rolls - Cameron covered the inside of a gift box with foil and used it to take the rolls into work.
Cameron labeled the box "Roles de Canela" - picture taken at 3:40 AM just as he was leaving:

2 comments:

Lory said...

Wow, I'm impressed that you're up at 3:30 baking. You'll definitely be ready for kids:)

joyce said...

Ah, the cinnamon rolls look great !!! And you are so sweet to make them for Cameron and his men.

We remember Cameron as a tiny four month old who grew to be a toddler who loves keys. He called us by our names combined, and we still use in in our email to this day ! Hello from Joyce and Bob (bobbydoyce)