Monday, June 28, 2010

Old Hobby

Last weekend Cameron washed all of his equipment to brew beer. This is an old hobby that he shared with his brother when they were both bachelors.

Cameron bought the ingredients online to brew wheat beer. He was showing me all of the gadgets from the equipment as he was cleaning them and describing their purpose. The process is long, very "nerdy", but very interesting. Cameron said that home brewing will give me a different appreciation and perspective for beer. We should be enjoying this beer in about four weeks.

2 comments:

Jesse and Rose said...

HA! Jesse, my husband has been itching to try to brew his own German beers since he travelled to Germany this past year. I wish you guys lived closer so that Cameron could teach Jesse. Let us know how it turns out. Do you have a favorite supplier for your starter?

Douglas Muro said...

Hi Rose!
Cameron has been ordering the brewing kits from William's Brewing. They are very reliable and he's never had any problems with them.
www.williamsbrewing.com

I think next time we'll get the Rasberry Weat Kit. I'll let you know how everything turns out!